Multi-Messenger is a multi-purpose message terminal. It incorporates all the known applications of a message terminal into a single equipment.
It can be used as:
- Teleprinter Terminal.
- RS232 Terminal.
- TC/IP Server : Allows LAN/WAN users to send/receive messages on the attached teleprinter line.
- Remote RS access to TP : In this mode teleprinter line can be accessed from a remote PC or other systems through a telephone modem or a simple RS232 link.
- Morse terminal : Allows prepared messages to be sent out in MORSE code once or repeatedly at a selected speed – through local keyboard or from a remote site through modem.
- Teleprinter to Telephone Convertor : By connecting 2 Multi-Messengers through modems over telephone lines one can send encrypted teleprinter signals (coming from devices such as ECL/BEACON) over telephone lines.
- ASCII to BAUDOT Convertor : In this mode, communication drivers of DOS, Windows, UNIX and Linux such as Procomm, Hyper Terminal etc. which have ASCII output can be used to drive teleprinter(BAUDOT) lines.
- RS-TP Level Convertor : This mode allows PC to be used as a Teleprinter Terminal. We also provide DOS and Windows based software for this application.
- Two line LCD display shows IN and OUT traffic separately.
- Full PC standard 109 key keyboard.
- Allows message preperation, transimission, reception and printing simultaneously.
- All modes and parameters are keyboard programmable.
- 64K battery-backed memory for prepared and received messages.
- Full function editor to prepare messages.
- Facility to edit and transmit received messages.
- Facility for online chat, WRU and HEREIS.
- Auto-printing of messages. Also supports reprinting messages.
- All required power suppplies built-in (60V, 12V, 5V).
- Operates on 230VAC and 12V battery (RS232 only).
- Its compatible with the following:
- Army LAN/WAN
- ASCON Telex
- AREN Telex
- ECL, BEACON
- Any standard Dialup Modem or Point to Point Teleprinter